Starting a nonprofit is a great way to make a difference in the world. Nonprofits solve problems in all areas of our community — education, arts & culture, human services, medicine & healthcare, and more.
Cullinane Law Group provides a quick, straightforward solution to start your nonprofit. We work with all categories of nonprofits —
- public charities
- business leagues
- religious organizations and churches
- social entrepreneurs, and more.
Our clients are diverse — but they are all using the tools we’ve given them so that they can make a difference in the world.
When you work with Cullinane Law Group, you will be empowered to run your nonprofit with confidence and ease.
Are you Ready to Start Your 501(c) Tax-Exempt Nonprofit?
We offer a turn-key package for starting your nonprofit. Your nonprofit can be set up the right way…the first time. We handle it all! We:
- Determine the best corporate and tax structure for your organization
- Draft and file Articles of Incorporation
- Obtain a Tax Identification Number (EIN) from the IRS
- Draft bylaws and conflict of interest policies, as required by the IRS
- Draft IRS Exemption Application (501(c) category – Form 1023, 1024 or other), including budgets, statement of purpose, mission statement, and description of your program activities, as required by the IRS
- Serve as your attorney before the IRS and handle all follow-up inquiries related to your application.
We also help certain clients with state franchise tax exemptions, state registrations, ongoing counsel regarding fundraising, insurance, risk management, staff matters, managing for-profit/nonprofit arrangements, and more.
We offer flat rate packages — so there are no surprises. We help clients nationwide.
Why Partner with Cullinane Law Group?
Don’t let the complex government applications hold you back from your vision. There is help.
You can start a new nonprofit quickly, affordably, and confidently with award-winning attorneys.
Cullinane Law Group is different.
- We work exclusively with nonprofits and social enterprises. That’s our sole focus! We have worked with hundreds of nonprofits of all sizes, from emerging local charities to international foundations. And our clients are terrifically happy with our work!
- We earn awards for our nonprofit and tax legal work! For the past three years our peers have selected Mollie Cullinane as a Super Lawyer in the Nonprofit Law field (Thomson Reuters – 2.5% of attorneys receive this honor annually). Having an attorney on your team is invaluable, as we are able to represent you before the IRS and train you on the ins and outs of nonprofit law that you’ll need to know to stay compliant.
- We help you get your 501(c)(3) status quickly! Most of our clients get their 501c3 determination letters from the IRS within a few months (rather than the 2 year wait some nonprofits are now finding).
- We handle it all for you. We complete all the steps; we handle all of the paperwork and legal “red tape” to have your organization ready to go. We will be your advocate before the IRS, pushing for a determination as fast a possible and answering any questions raised on your behalf.
Training Sessions for New Nonprofits
There are tons of questions when starting a nonprofit. We are here to help you!
Cullinane Law Group provides one-on-one training to founders and boards starting new organizations. You may appreciate a START Up Planning Session — a great way to get your questions answered from an award winning attorney before you begin. We analyze your proposed activities and offer guidance on:
- S – Setting-up of a nonprofit or social enterprise.
- T – Taxes and tax-exempt status with the IRS.
- A – Activities, programs, and fundraising issues for nonprofits and social enterprises.
- R – Regulations and compliance issues.
- T – To-dos for new organizations.
We offer this START Up session to a limited number of organizations each month for a flat-rate fee. And, if we work together in the future, that fee will be applied to future legal work.
If you are interested in this START Up planning session, please complete this questionnaire; we will contact you to set up a consultation.
Articles You’ll Love
If you’re here to learn more, check out our free articles to address your common questions, like:
- What is the Difference Between Nonprofits & Tax-Exempt Organizations?
- Who Owns a Nonprofit?
- What Do I Need to Consider Before Starting a Nonprofit?