We help clients start new nonprofits and tax-exempt organizations – charities, foundations, associations, and social enterprises.
We give your start-up a solid legal structure so that you can find success.
You have a passion for creating positive change. We have the legal know-how to make it happen. No matter the type of organization you want to set up (we help you figure out which one makes the most sense!), we handle all the paperwork and the legal “red tape.” We will be your advocates before the IRS, pushing for a quick tax-exempt determination and answering any questions raised on your behalf.
Setting a strong business form is essential for the future growth of any organization. Nonprofits, foundations, associations, and social enterprises have a variety of designations. For example, foundations may be structured as an operating or non-operating foundations. Social enterprises can encompass a traditional for-profit entity, a new business entity, a nonprofit corporation, or a combination of these. Each are unique and legally different. Let us help you set a solid legal structure from the start!
Complete Start-Up Help
Cullinane Law Group provides a quick, straightforward solution to start your 501(c) tax-exempt organization. Get set up the right way, the first time. From drafting your governing corporate documents and obtaining federal tax exemption, to counseling on compliance and reporting requirements, we offer complete flat-rate packages to get you off the ground.
We handle all of the work to set up for
- 501(c)(3) public charities and foundations
- 501(c)(4) social welfare organizations, civic leagues
- 501(c)(6) associations, business leagues, chambers of commerce
- 501(c)(7) social and recreational clubs
- churches and religious organizations
- other tax-exempt entities.
Our start-up packages are available for all types of tax-exempt organizations. We will:
- Analyze and determine the best corporate and tax structure
- Secure the corporate entity by preparing Articles of Incorporation (or Certificate of Formation) for your nonprofit, LLC, trust, etc.
- Draft bylaws, conflict of interest policies, and other corporate documents
- Draft IRS Exemption Application (501(c) category – Form 1023, Form 1024, Form 1023EZ), including budgets, statement of purpose, mission statement, and description of your program activities – for 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4), 501(c)(6), and more
- Serve as your attorney before the IRS and handle all follow-up inquiries related to your application
We also help clients with :
- One-on-one consulting so that you and your team have confidence in running your new organization
- State franchise tax exemptions and state sales tax exemptions
- Insurance matters and risk management
- Initial corporate materials for board meeting (agenda and minutes, key resolutions)
- Fundraising registrations, compliance, tax letters, grant contracts, giving procedures, and more
Want to discuss other tax-exempt designations, a corporate giving program, donor-advised fund or other form of philanthropy? Contact us about your unique needs.
Ready Start a New Nonprofit?
Social entrepreneurship deals with creating and leading organizations that advance social change through innovative solutions. Many social entrepreneurs use market-based approaches in their work.
We help social enterprises – organizations that advance their primary social or charitable mission using business methods. We help to:
- Identify and structure the legal structure that will best fulfill your business and philanthropic goals, including analyzing state guidelines, tax-exemptions options, unrelated business income and related taxes
- Structure profit/nonprofit hybrid entities – nonprofit corporation, limited liability company, unincorporated association, trust, benefit corporation, B Corp, etc.
- Create joint ventures between businesses and nonprofits
Learn More about Social Enterprises:
Ready to Start a New Nonprofit or Social Enterprise? We can’t wait to help you!