You have a passion for creating positive change. We have the legal know-how to make it happen. No matter the type of organization you want to set up (we can help you figure out which one makes the most sense!), we handle all the paperwork and the legal “red tape.” We will be your advocates before the IRS, pushing for a quick determination and answering any questions raised on your behalf.
Setting a strong business form is essential for the future growth of any organization. Nonprofits, foundations, associations, and social enterprises have a variety of designations. For example, foundations can include private operating vs. non-operating, family vs. corporate, or local vs. international. Social enterprises can encompass a traditional for-profit entity, a new business entity, a nonprofit corporation, or a combination of these. Each are unique and legally different. Let us help you set a solid legal structure from the start!
Cullinane Law Group provides a quick, straightforward solution to start your tax-exempt organization. Get set up the right way, the first time. From drafting your governing corporate documents and obtaining tax exemption, to counseling on compliance and reporting requirements, we offer complete flat-rate packages to get you off the ground.
Our start-up packages are available for all types of tax-exempt organizations. We will:
- Determine the best corporate and tax structure
- Secure the corporate entity by preparing Articles of Incorporation (or Certificate of Formation) for your nonprofit, LLC, trust, etc.
- Obtain a Tax Identification Number (EIN) from the IRS
- Draft bylaws and conflict of interest policies, as required by the IRS
- Draft IRS Exemption Application (501(c) category – Form 1023, 1024 or other), including budgets, statement of purpose, mission statement, and description of your program activities
- Serve as your attorney before the IRS and handle all follow-up inquiries related to your application.
Start-Up PLUS Package
Cullinane Law Group offers full-service support for organizations that want an on-call attorney, including all work listed in the start-up package above. In addition, we will:
- Handle all legal work to obtain 501(c) or other tax-exemption
- Prepare and file state franchise tax exemptions
- Prepare and file state sales tax exemptions
- Advise on insurance needs and risk management
- Provide materials for initial board meeting, including organizational agenda and minutes, key resolutions, board training guide
- Consult on fundraising registrations, compliance, tax letters, grant contracts, giving procedures, and more
- Serve as your registered agent
- Be on call for your team
Want to discuss other tax-exempt designations, a corporate giving program, donor-advised fund or other form of philanthropy? Contact us about your unique needs.
Training Sessions for New Nonprofits
There are tons of questions when starting a nonprofit. We are here to help you!
Cullinane Law Group provides one-on-one training to founders and boards starting new organizations. You may appreciate a START Up Planning Session — a great way to get your questions answered from an award winning attorney before you begin. We analyze your proposed activities and offer guidance on:
- S – Setting-up of a nonprofit or social enterprise.
- T – Taxes and tax-exempt status with the IRS.
- A – Activities, programs, and fundraising issues for nonprofits and social enterprises.
- R – Regulations and compliance issues.
- T – To-dos for new organizations.
We offer this START Up session to a limited number of organizations each month for a flat-rate fee. And, if we work together in the future, that fee will be applied to future legal work.
If you are interested in this START Up planning session, please complete this questionnaire; we will contact you to set up a consultation.