On-going Legal Support
Nonprofit organizations have legal issues like any other businesses – government audits, management, employment matters, real estate, tax compliance. And they also have additional matters unique to tax-exempt groups – fiduciary duties, fundraising responsibilities, membership voting, conflict of interest matters, and more.
We provide comprehensive counsel for midsize nonprofit, tax-exempt organizations, acting as general counsel while helping nonprofits manage their legal costs.
You can focus on growing your cause and community…we’ll handle the legal issues. We help with
- Ongoing General Counsel Services
- Legal Check-Ups
- Time Sensitive Legal Needs
We support public charities, business associations, professional trade groups, foundations, religious organizations.
Our attorneys help you with your organization’s long term GROWTH:
- G – Guidance for Your Nonprofit or Foundation. You can call us at any time with your questions. You will have peace of mind by knowing an award-winning team is here for you.
- R – Review of Activities & Risk Management. We will review your nonprofit or foundation’s activities, give practical advice and offer tools for success. We advise on indemnification policies, insurance coverage, regulatory compliance, and record-keeping.
- O – Organizational Governance. We help with the board of directors, governing documents (bylaws, articles of incorporation), conflicts, meetings, state compliance and reports.
- W – Ways to Raise Funds. Nonprofit fundraising is highly regulated. We counsel on fundraising law, gift planning, charitable solicitations, tax deductibility requirements, major gifts, corporate sponsorships, endowments, grant contracts, charitable gaming and social investing.
- T – Training. We offer training to your board and staff that are specialized to your needs.
- H – Help with all of your legal needs, as they arise. This may include adversarial proceedings or litigation, real estate, intellectual property, management, employment issues, insurance, contracts, and more.
We look forward to learning more about your organization’s needs. Send us some information and we will find a time to talk.