Starting a nonprofit is a great way to make a difference in the world. Nonprofits solve problems in all areas of our community — education, arts & culture, human services, medicine & healthcare, religious organizations, and more.
Cullinane Law Group provides a quick, straightforward solution to start your nonprofit. We work with all categories of nonprofits — public charities, foundations, business leagues, professional athletes’ foundations, religious groups, schools, social entrepreneurs, and more. Our clients are diverse — but they are all using the tools we’ve given them so that they can make a difference in the world.
When you work with Cullinane Law Group, you will be empowered to run your nonprofit with confidence and ease. Call 512-298-2898 today to get started.
We answer your common questions about nonprofits
There are tons of questions when starting a nonprofit. We are here to help you!
Cullinane Law Group provides one-on-one advice to founders who are starting new nonprofits. You may appreciate a START Up Planning Sessions — a great way to get your questions answered through a one-on-one personal phone call with an award winning Cullinane Law Group attorney.
Cullinane Law Group also provides helpful articles to address your common questions, like:
- What is the Difference Between Nonprofits & Tax-Exempt Organizations?
- Who Owns a Nonprofit?
- What Do I Need to Consider Before Starting a Nonprofit?
Are you Ready to Start Your 501(c)(3) Tax-Exempt Nonprofit?
Complete Package: Nonprofit + Tax-Exempt Start Up
We offer a turn-key package for starting your nonprofit. Your nonprofit can be set up the right way…the first time. Guaranteed. We handle it all! We:
- Reserve your nonprofit name
- Draft and file the Articles of Incorporation
- Obtain a Tax Identification Number (EIN) from the IRS
- Work with your staff to write a statement of purpose, mission statement, and description of your program activities, as required by the IRS
- Advise founders on board of director selection and determine structural board issues
- Work with your staff on the preparation of a three-year budget, as required by the IRS
- Draft bylaws
- Draft IRS Exemption Application (501(c) category – Form 1023, 1024 or other)
- File Form 2848 (power or attorney) with the IRS
- File state tax-exemption application and/or registration
- Draft the organizational meeting agenda for the first meeting of the board of directors
- Prepare governing documents, including Document Retention Policy, Conflict of Interest Policy, Whistleblower Policy
- Serve as your representative before the IRS with any inquiries related to your application.
- Answer all of your questions about fundraising, selecting board members, managing for-profit/non-profit arrangements, reporting requirements, hiring a staff, and more.
We offer flat rate packages — so there are no surprises. We help clients nationwide.
Why Partner with Cullinane Law Group?
Don’t let the complex government applications hold you back from your vision! There is help!
You can start a new nonprofit quickly, affordably, and confidently with award-winning attorneys — guaranteed.
Cullinane Law Group is different.
- We work exclusively with nonprofits and social enterprises. That’s our sole focus! We have worked with hundreds of nonprofits of all sizes, from emerging local charities to international foundations. And our clients are terrifically happy with our work!
- We earn awards for our nonprofit and tax legal work! For the past three years our peers have selected Mollie Cullinane as a Super Lawyer in the Nonprofit Law field (Thomson Reuters – 2.5% of attorneys receive this honor annually). Having an attorney on your team is invaluable, as we are able to represent you before the IRS and train you on the ins and outs of nonprofit law that you’ll need to know to stay compliant.
- We help you get your 501(c)(3) status quickly! Most of our clients get their 501c3 determination letters from the IRS within a few months (rather than the 2 year wait some nonprofits are now finding).
- We handle it all for you. We complete all the steps; we handle all of the paperwork and legal “red tape” to have your organization ready to go. We will be your advocate before the IRS, pushing for a determination as fast a possible and answering any questions raised on your behalf.
- We guarantee our work.