Greenlights for Nonprofit Success has compiled and shared interesting facts about Central Texas nonprofits…
How many nonprofits are there in Central Texas?
- The Austin Metropolitan Statistical Area* has more nonprofits per capita than another other major metro area in Texas and the Southwest US.
- There are 5,660 nonprofits in Austin metro area. That is equivalent to 3.1 nonprofits per 1,000 people.
- Travis County alone is home to 3,769 nonprofits and has added nearly 900 new organizations over the past 10 years.
- 72% of nonprofits in Austin metro have annual revenues of below $100,000; all but 8% are below $1 million.
- Compared to national averages, the Austin metro area has fewer Human Services organizations and more Education and Research nonprofits.
*Austin MSA includes Travis, Williamson, Hays, Bastrop, Caldwell counties. Data from number of 501c3 public charities – Guidestar, Center for Charitable Statistics.